Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stress!

Thinking about having kids? Before you do it, lock in a babysitter. A good one. Make them sign a lifelong contract. We found out a week and a half ago that our babysitter is quitting. Every thought I've had since that moment has been about finding a new babysitter. I never, never would have thought that it would be so difficult to find someone. It isn't just that I don't like anyone that is available, it is that so few people have any openings. Not that I would leave my little one with just anybody. I wouldn't. I have already ruled out the person that makes kids eat every bite on their plate even if they throw up. And I've ruled out the person who won't let you past the front door of her house. But other than that, there just isn't anybody. I'm at the point having to go part-time at work because I have no other option. Try explaining that to the people who want you to pay your bills. Anyone who has talked to me in the last week can testify to the fact that this is all I can think about. I have cried. A lot. My stomach feels like it is tied in knots all the time and I have a weight on my chest. So I'm here to vent. And to stress the importance of locking in a good babysitter before you have a baby. Before you get pregnant. I've felt stress before, but this surpasses anything I've been through before. And it sucks.

Does anyone have any advice on websites to use to find good babysitters/nannies? Or how much people you use charge? I am in Southern California and the going rate is $10-15/hour. I am in desperate need of some advice, FAST!! Thanks~

No comments: